December 6, 2011

14 months post op!

An update is long overdue as quite a bit has happened in the last couple of months which I will try to summarise! Most importantly my health is good and the knee is going great thank god! I have managed to play every game this season for my cricket club playing a total of 7 games up to now. My confidence is increasing with every game played and I am now even diving around in the field which I never thought I would get back to! In general the knee has been pulling up well after games but I have been icing after every game as a precaution.

I'm still going to the gym 4 times a week and continuing with my upper body plan as well as working on my legs twice a week. I've started doing squats recently and it's making a big difference to my legs as I am putting on additional muscle even if I'm not doing it too heavy (usually work up to 70 kgs total). The biggest news is that I played in a 6 a side match of soccer last Wednesday night at training!! I was very cautious though and was not tackling. I was generally hanging back around the goals and just enjoyed being on the pitch to be honest :) I still have no intention of making a comeback with soccer as I am happy enough attending training sessions to keep the fitness up as well as playing cricket in the summer. All in all it's been a good couple of months!

1 comment:

  1. When our practice got started we needed alcohol treatment help. These were the guys we turned to and they did a great job.

    ReplyDelete