February 7, 2011

February 2nd – 4 months post op

Yesterday was the four month anniversary since my original operation although I did have a 2nd op 10 days following the original one due to staph infection. Considering the early days and where I was at I’m very happy and thankful where I am currently at. Since my last update (last Friday) I have continued to do quite a bit – on Saturday I walked 4.3 kms in the morning followed by some rehab work in the pool in the afternoon, Sunday I took a well deserved rest day and for the first two days this week I’ve been doing my usual work in the gym.

Last night I attended soccer training and walked laps of the oval as well as doing some jogging/shuffling every 50 meters for 10-15 meters. I’ve been doing this once a week as well as walking on Saturdays for the last 3 weeks so I am in a good routine right now. Basically my standard week looks like the following:

•  Monday – chest & leg workout at the gym, exercise bike at home for 20 minutes
•  Tuesday – back workout & cross trainer for 10 minutes at the gym, walking/jogging at soccer training for 45 minutes
•  Wednesday – triceps & exercise bike for 20 minutes at the gym
•  Thursday – shoulders & leg workout at the gym, 15-20 minutes on the exercise bike at home
•  Friday – biceps & cross trainer for 10 minutes at the gym, 20 minutes on the exercise bike at home
•  Saturday – walking 4.3 kms (around the tan) in the morning & pool work in the afternoon
•  Sunday – 20-30 minutes on the exercise bike

As mentioned in an earlier post I am seeing my surgeon on the 24th of February where I hope I get given full clearance to commence running again!

No comments:

Post a Comment