February 7, 2011

January 28th – 17 weeks post op (or 120 days)

It has been 17 weeks since my ACL reconstruction operation. I have had a good week of rehab starting at the pools on both Saturday and Sunday. I made myself a program based on what I’m able to do in the pool currently. The pool I go to is 50 meters in length so my plan was as follows:

•  Walk 10-15 meters
•  Lunges for 10-15 meters
•  Jog for 10-15 meters
•  Swim remaining 10 meters or so

I did approximately 10 full laps (1km) on both Saturday and Sunday as well as doing the exercise bike for 20 minutes at night. This program works well for me and the knee always feels a lot better once I’ve done pool work. Apart from that I also did leg weights on Monday followed by 20 minutes on the exercise bike, I did the shuffle jog / walk for an hour on Tuesday as well as doing the cross trainer for 10 minutes, I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike on Wednesday and yesterday I did another 10 minutes on the cross trainer. Today I am planning to do leg weights once again followed by the cross trainer and exercise bike tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment