May 25, 2011

Nearly 8 months post op (1 week away)

I had my 'final' appointment with my surgeon this morning unless I want to go ahead and play soccer next season in which case he will do an assessment to ensure I am ready. Once again my surgeon was very happy with how I've progressed and says I've come a long way since the early days and the complications I had. He asked what stage of my rehab I was up to and I filled him in saying that I have started weaving between cones when running, hoping between 4 different points of a square whilst supporting my weight on a bench along with all the usual activities - leg weights, bike riding, walking, using the cross trainer and running.

He then said I was ready to start light cricket training (batting in the nets) which is great news! Mind you since I've been cleared to play golf I still haven't done so up to now! I'm looking forward to playing both golf and cricket hopefully and will provide an update once I do so. My surgeon agreed that my plan to first play a season of cricket and then decide whether I want to soccer or not is a good one. So overall a good outcome and I can not wait to get back to playing sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment