June 16, 2011

First round of golf post op!

Quite a bit has happened in the last few weeks but I haven't had a chance to update my blog due to being extremely busy at work! As you can see from the photo below I played my first round of golf post my op. I played at the Waterford Valley golf course in Knoxfield on the 5th June with a couple of my close friends. The course itself is 6.5km in total so it involved a lot of walking which was great! That along with teeing off and testing my right knee during my iron shots etc gave my knee a really good workout. After the game I felt fine in general although my knee did feel the effects but nothing a little icing didn't fix! I iced my knee for 15 minutes or so and the next day I felt fine. It was a great feeling to finally do something sports related and to pull up well.


Unfortunately last weekend I got sick (again) but I was able to recover fairly quickly. It has meant that I haven't been to the gym this week at all, however I am planning to go tonight after work. Interestingly as a result of not doing much over the last 5 days my right calf in particular stiffened up a bit. I did see my physio yesterday who also noticed that my flex wasn't as good as it has been and he worked on the back of my knee. After massaging the area for a while my flex was back to normal which was a relief. The mix of being sick and not doing much in the last week was probably the main reason. I did manage to go for a good run last night (around 4kms in total) and it was great to do some activity again. It also helped my calf niggle a bit although it still remains a bit tender today.

There is approximately 2 and half weeks before I go away on holiday to Europe for 6 weeks. In this time I hope to get back on track gym wise and running wise and get myself as fit as possible. As for Europe I am sure it will involve a lot of walking and my physio has also encouraged me to do as much as possible and to also do the odd gym session or two. Until my next update take care and hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment