June 28, 2011

Nearly 9 months post op (1 week away)

It is now nearly 9 months post my original op (had a 2nd op 10 days after the original for those who haven't followed my blog up to now) and overall I'm very happy with how I'm going. For the first time (last Thursday) I was very tempted to take part in a kick around at training but I came to my senses and decided not to! Not until I get clearance from my surgeon that is. It doesn't make much sense to be risking anything at this stage as I am going overseas for a holiday next week! Apart from that I'm continuing with my usual routine of gym 4-5 times a week along with running, riding the excercise bike and doing the cross trainer from time to time.

I had another breakthrough approximately 1 week ago when I ran a fitness assessment for a few of the players for the cricket club I play for. I was pleasantly surprised that I did quite well in the activities I participated in. I took part in a 1km run and did it in 4 minutes and 28 seconds. Next I did a beep test and managed Level 8/2. Although not at my best I was still happy with the results. I plan to run a few more fitness sessions before the season starts so hopefully my results improve! I won't be updating this log for a while as I will be overseas so until then take care and hope everyone is progressing well with rehab!

No comments:

Post a Comment