August 15, 2011

Back from holiday & 10 months post op

It is has been a while since my last update as I only just got back recently from a 6 week holiday in Europe. The holiday was absolutely fantastic although it has impacted my rehab program! As my wife and I were only staying a few days in each city in made it nearly impossible to visit a gym so as a result I have not done any weights for the last 6 weeks. As a result I've lost a fair bit of muscle from both my upper body and legs. I actually dropped 5 kgs (mostly muscle) and now weigh 92 kgs. I haven't measured my legs as yet but I'm sure I have lost a lot of size from my quad and hamstring from both legs.



The only good thing was that we did a lot of walking whilst in Europe (on same days 10-12 kms) so at least I have been active in this sense. I also did go for a bike ride or two but clearly not enough to prevent muscle loss. I am not too concerned though as I'm planning to start back in the gym this week and re-commence with my running program. Hopefully in a few weeks time I'll be back to where I was. I am also planning to attend my 2nd pre-season cricket fitness session this Saturday so it will be interesting to see how it compares with the first session 6 weeks ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment