September 15, 2011

Solid progress 11 months post op

I've made solid progress in the last month since returning from my overseas holiday. I resuming training at the gym and have managed to put 3 kgs (mainly muscle I hope) during that period. My operated leg feels a lot better now that I've resumed doing stationary bike riding, leg presses, leg curls, calf raises and glute work. I can see now why people say that once you've had a knee reconstruction rehab is on going!

Not that I mind though as I've always been into the gym anyway. One area where I have slackened off is running though. Apart from the fitness sessions I've conducted at my cricket club I haven't done as much running as I would have hoped for. I am to step this up in the next couple of weeks. I am really happy to be in a position where I'll be able to play cricket this season. I attended my 3rd pre-season training session last Sunday and once again it went really well (I had another session 2 weeks prior to this one). This Sunday we have another training session and the following week will be my first game for one and a half years as I will be taking part in a 20-20 match. Hopefully all goes well.

1 comment:

  1. "Addiction Rehab Centers" is one of the leading Indianapolis Drug and
    Addiction rehab centers in Indianapolis, offering Inpatients and highly functional rehab facilities. addiction recovery Indianapolis

    ReplyDelete