December 12, 2010

10 weeks post op & Bali holiday

So I came back from Bali yesterday and have to say I’m feeling quite relaxed. The knee is doing great as well and survived the humid conditions which always worried me. The flight to and from Bali went fine as well mainly as I was sitting in the emergency row on both occasions so I had plenty of space to stretch my legs! I did bring my ice pack along as well but in the end I didn’t need it on the plane. I used it a couple of times in Bali mainly after being on my legs for long periods of time. I found that being in the pool every day for a week helped my swelling go down a bit and the only exercise I did was whilst I was in the pool.

Ayana Resort - posing in front of the main pool

I did one legged squats, calf raises, calf stretches and controlled leg swings in the water. I found this to be enough as I did plenty of walking and with the footpaths being so uneven over there I got a fair workout everyday! Having said that I’m keen to get back into especially getting back on the exercise bike. I had a brief 3 minute ride late last night which felt good so I’m keen to have a good 15 minute ride tonight. I did get back into the gym today on my lunch break doing a chest workout followed by ankle pumps, quad tensing, straight leg raises, side leg raises, ab crunches, one legged squats & the squeezing the quad on the exercise ball against the wall. All of the exercises felt great and I feel my knee is stronger than it was 10 days ago. I’m seeing my surgeon for another follow up appointment this Thursday and I’m also seeing my physio on the same day. I’m looking forward to hearing their thoughts and hopefully to hear I’m on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment