December 21, 2010

Day 83 - Very sore after light leg weights!

After getting back into the rehab program and the good news from both the surgeon and my physio I had a bit of a setback getting sick late last week. I was fighting it all during the week at work after getting back from Bali and finally succumbed to the cold/flu I had on Saturday. Thankfully after resting the entire weekend and not doing too much apart from watching the cricket I was feeling much better on Sunday night.
I finally got a chance to do the leg weights on Monday even though I was planning on doing so on Friday. First I did a chest workout (flat bench press, incline machine press, incline dumbbell flyes) before doing some leg stretches. I then did leg weights for the first time in 4 months!! It was a great feel but an unusual one as well. I first started with the hamstring curl machine only doing 10kgs for 15 reps. I did 3 sets ensuring that both my legs did the work evenly. After this I went onto the leg press machine and once again did 3 sets of 15 reps using both legs (next time I will do individual leg presses) and doing 30kgs. I then did 3 sets of 12 on the standing calf raise machine doing 25kgs on the first set and 20kgs on sets 2 & 3. I then did some light riding on the exercise bike for around 5 mins and did a further 10 mins at night at home.
The next day (yesterday) I felt a little sore so after my triceps workout (skull crushers, bar push downs, rope push downs & individual cable extensions) I decided I would just stick to the usual exercises for my leg workout being quad tensing, SLRs, calf rasies, one legged squats on exercise ball as well as some ab work. I then did 10 minutes on the bike and decided to try the Cross Trainer for the first time doing 3 minutes. It felt strange but good at the same time whilst I got into stride! I’m looking forward to doing more on it this week. Today I woke up very sore particularly in my hamstring area and calves. It was good to work the hamstrings for the 1st time since my knee recon and I can now see how much work I have to do if they are that sore after only pulling 10kgs!
Today I’m planning a back workout followed by some more light leg work. I’ll probably hit the leg weights again today or tomorrow depending on how I recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment