December 2, 2010

9 weeks post op!

It’s been a while since my last update but there aren’t too many major updates! I will most likely provide weekly and fortnightly updates from here onwards along with when I hit major milestones of course. I am getting all geared up for a holiday in Bali for a week (leaving tomorrow) and have ensured I am prepared for the flight there. I had one script remaining for the antibiotics which I was using and to be on the safe side I have bought an extra packet just in case there are any symptoms of infection whilst I am on holiday. My PT thinks this is a good idea along with getting tablets for the ‘Bali belly’ which I hope my wife and I avoid! I am also taking my remaining anti-inflammatory tablets.
Resort where we will be staying at in Nusa Dua!

Along with the medications I am also taking the ice knee brace which my surgeon originally supplied and will ensure I get it filled regularly with ice during the flight to keep the swelling down hopefully. Of course I’ll be walking up and down the aisles during the flight along with doing plenty of stretching to ensure I do not develop any blood clots. In terms of what I’ve done over the last week it has changed at all with plenty of SLRs being done, hamstring stretches, quad tensing, one legged squats (1/4) free standing and on the exercise ball, directional movements on the sports cord for stability as well as my usual program at the gym. In additional I’ve been riding my exercise bike 5-15 mins each night depending on how much energy I have left at the end of each day!
My PT has advised that I take it fairly easy whist on holiday so I’ll have no problem doing exactly that! I’ll be mainly doing my exercises in the pool as well as many more SLRs! Hopefully all goes well. I’ll provide more of an update once I’m back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment