November 25, 2010

8 weeks post op!

I thought I would never come so far.... well not in a ‘short’ period of time anyway. I know it’s been 8 weeks since my original op (and 6 and half following my 2nd one to clear the infection) but just 3 weeks ago I was still hobbling around on one crutch! Amazing how quickly the body can recover although I still have a long way to go. Having said that things feel like they are returning to normal – I’m now off the antibiotics thank god so hopefully all goes well in that area and I’m sitting quite normally at my desk now only needing to raise my leg up every now and then. My walking is quite good although my wife still thinks I have a slight limp although my physio says I am walking normally! Personally I think my walking style has changed slightly to compensate for weak leg muscles on the right leg.
Last night I did my usual exercises (SLRs, leg side raises, quad tensing, hamstring stretch & calf raises) although I keep it to only 5 minutes on the exercise bike due to the achy feeling I had on the lateral side of my knee after my PT session. Today it’s back to normal though which is good. I’m planning a gym session after work (shoulders, biceps & legs) followed by some bike riding. Tomorrow I’ve planned to have a pool session and once again planning to take it fairly easy this weekend. So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment