November 2, 2010

August 27-30th - Recovery post injury

August 27-29th - I was very uncomfortable during the first 3 days after the injury and lost quite a bit of ROM (range of motion) due to swelling. I was on crutches throughout this period trying to put as little weight as possible on the injured leg. Taking a shower was a nightmare and needed a lot of help from my wife during this period.

August 30th – I started walking again with a noticeable limp. This continued for the next couple of weeks although each day there was less of a limp and I did a lot of basic quad exercises to ensure not too much muscle was lost. After working at home for a couple of days I was able to commence back at work.  I saw a Sports Doctor (Melbourne Victory Sports doc – Dr.Anik Shawdon) on Monday the 30th of August. She confirmed it looked like a torn ACL. A MRI scan was organised for later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment