November 9, 2010

Lectric Soda Crystals

The swelling is slowly starting to come down no doubt mainly due to the anti-inflammatory (Naproxen or NSAIDs) which I’ve been taking every night for the past 5 nights along with the elevation and constant icing throughout the day.  My knee is almost starting to take some sort of shape which is encouraging! I gave the Lectric Soda Crystals a go on Monday night and it seemed to have helped also. Basically the Lectric Soda Crystals were put in an old sports sock and it was tied just below my knee.

Then a plastic bag was put over it and the ends were taped using masking tape and finally a towel was wrapped around so that the bed would not get wet. I ended up keeping it on from around 11pm to 1:30am but finally had to take it off as it was so uncomfortable. I did notice that when taking it off the sock was wet due to the moisture which was drawn out. I’ll probably give it another go tonight but before going to bed to see if it works as effectively. I’ve been doing my usual exercises (quad tightening, knee slides, straight leg raises, side leg raises & calf raises) twice a day instead of four times a day mainly to give the swelling a chance to go down.
On top of that I’ve been riding the exercise bike for 6-7 minutes a day. I’m still on level 4 in terms of resistance (highest level is 8) but I have managed to lower the seat another notch. I’m really looking forward to my first formal physio session tomorrow at 1pm. Hopefully it takes me to the next level of my rehab.

No comments:

Post a Comment