November 2, 2010

August 26th - The actual injury

My ACL injury occurred at approx 8:30pm playing soccer for Beaumaris SC on an artificial surface at Darebin (DISC). The Injury occurred when I ran towards an opposition player to put pressure on him, as he turned quickly I attempted to turn also however my right foot got stuck in the ground and I fell over my knee accompanied by a loud ‘popping’ sound which everyone heard on the sidelines.
It was not a good feeling. For the first 2-3 minutes I was in absolute agony and the pain was excruciating, however it eased off quickly and I had a numb feeling after this. Thankfully team mates as well as the opposition physio helped me through a very difficult period. Team mates helped me to the car and I got a lift home also after icing my knee throughout the remainder of the game. Surprisingly there was not too much swelling after the injury and I spent the night sleeping on the couch. Pain killers were not required surprisingly.
Round 1 Vs Sparrows 2010 - in action jostling with the striker

No comments:

Post a Comment