November 24, 2010

Day 56 - Two more exercises to do

I’m in good spirits today after seeing my PT although I am a little sore on the lateral side of the knee (behind the knee) after he gave my knee a good 15 minute massage. It could either be that or a result of trying a couple of the new exercises he gave but at least it’s feeling better after icing and extending my leg on another chair. He was once again happy with the state of my knee and said that although there is still a bit of swelling he expects it to come down in the next 3 weeks. His rationale is that because I’m a big guy (6 ft 5) and have long limbs this is putting extra pressure on the knee which all makes sense.
Apart from the swelling he is very happy with my progress and wants me to continue doing the same exercises along with the additional two exercises:
·         One legged squat leaning against exercise ball which is against the wall. This will help build up my core strength in additional to the quads
·         One legged squat on rolled up towel or balancing on wobble board. He wants me to work on the stability of my knee
So I’m looking forward to giving these exercises a go at the gym tomorrow with my other exercises. Last night I did 12 minutes on the bike along with my other exercises (SLRs, quad tensing, calf raises, and 4 directions using sports cord) and I also had a workout at the gym consisting of the following:
·         Triceps workout – Skull crushers 3 x 10, Close grip barbell press 3 x 10 (superset doing one set of skull crushers followed by close grip barbell press), pushdowns 3 x 10 & single arm kickbacks using cable 3 x 10
·         Quad tensing & ankle pumps – 1 set of each
·         Straight leg raises – 3 sets of 10 (both legs)
·         Calf raises – 3 sets of 10
·         One legged squats (1/4) – 3 sets of 10
·         Squats with both legs (1/3 of the way down) – 3 sets of 10
·         Exercise ball on wall – 3 sets of 10 (6 sec squeeze)
·         Ab workout (crunches) – 3 sets of 20

No comments:

Post a Comment