March 2, 2011

First proper run

I went for a proper run on Saturday for the first time and it went really well! My physio has advised me to start slowly and to run one lap followed by walking a lap so I followed his protocol.  I ran a 400 meter lap to start with and straight away I could see how much fitness I have lost as I was breathing quite heavily at the end of it. I then walked a lap, ran another, walked another lap, ran a 3rd lap and walked one more lap completing this all in approximately 20 minutes. So overall I ended up running around 1.2 kms and walking around the same distance also.  My physio wants me increasing the overall distance by 800 meters every 10 days and wants me running approx 2.5-3kms by the time I see him next (in 5 weeks time).

It's also worth mentioning that I ran on soft grass around an oval and that definitely help so my knee didn't complain too much and I didn't have a bad reaction at the end of it. I'm looking forward to running next (most likely tonight) and getting my fitness back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment