March 17, 2011

Hamstring soreness!

In the last couple of days the hamstring of my operated leg has been quite sore along with some knee soreness as a result of a 2km run I did on Wednesday night. Whilst I'm really happy to have come so far it just shows how long I have to go! Despite running on soft grass once again and walking laps in between running laps I felt the impact of running the longest distance I have to date. In the last 3 weeks I've been running twice a week and have been building up the distance slowly as advised by my physio.

I've also been doing my usual gym routine - upper body weights, leg weights, cross trainer and excercise bike regularly. On Sunday I went to the pools for the first time in a couple of weeks and it was great to be back in water once again. The low impact activites helped and the knee felt a lot better after it which is a reminder for me that I should be spending more time in the pool! One of the highlights from Wednesday's run was running a lap with the boys at soccer training. They were happy to see me running and gave me lots of encouragement. It gives me a lot to look forward to and to continue to train hard towards.

Tonight I'll be doing another gym workout followed by 10-15 minutes on the cross trainer. I hope to go for another run on the weekend and hopefully pull up better this time around.  I'm seeing my physio next in two weeks time and hope to be running 2.5 kms by then. Hopefully I will be cleared to do some direction change type running shortly along with plyometrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment